Sunday, September 30, 2007

Seattle trip and belly update

Last week I went to Seattle to visit Dave, Lindsay, Amelia, and Laura - it was terrific, and a much needed break from my hectic life here in Geneseo. I left Seattle (on a red eye - never a good idea) equipped with my first baby clothes and gear, compliments of Lindsay - at this point, I'm pretty sure Lindsay is more prepared for baby pants than I am. Hopefully I'll catch up over the next 4 months. It was exciting to put everything away and picture a little tot using them soon.

Amelia was so fun - having her around just makes everything better! I miss her very much and am SURE that she misses me too.

I've also included the 5 month belly picture. I feel like baby pants/belly had a big growth spurt over the past week - when I left for Seattle I could still pass as a non-pregnant lady, and now I am definitely visibly pregnant.

John is in New York City this week for his first "sitting" - he left yesterday (Saturday) to spend a little time with Katie and Karl before the week begins. I stayed home because my new job at the apple orchard just started. I'm working 9-5 at this little mom & pop orchard - selling apples and doing anything else they need me to do. I think it's going to be the perfect seasonal job - I'll only be working there through October - after that, perhaps I can find another seasonal job.


Amelia after picking blackberries



We were on a bike ride - Dave and Lindsay don't actually require Amelia to wear her helmet on playground equipment



On a drive through Widbey (?) Island










On a tour of a chocolate factory - what I didn't get a picture of was Amelia, after I gave her a tiny piece of chocolate, which she managed to melt all over both hands and her face, while wearing the hairnet. It was adorable.




Amelia eating pho for lunch



5 Mos. - what a difference a month makes! I feel like a boat. And yes, I'm wearing maternity shorts. shorts!


Here are a few pictures of Geneseo - there was a parade going on - they normally don't have as many American flags, I promise.


Main street


John's office building



3 comments:

anne aka gramma said...

You look fabulous. Cute! Not a boat. You don't know from boats. You, Laura and Amelia look like you were having a great time. I love the pho picture. Amelia is definitely a Spencer - she is taking this eating thing VERY seriously.
I think you both look quite smashing with your hairnets. Maybe that bakery job would have been just fine for you. Why isn't Laura wearing a hairnet? Is she a rebel? Did they kick her out? Did she get any chocolate???
Geneseo is just a small town - with a parade and everything! What was the occasion?
Keep those pictures coming. We love you lots! mom and dad

Laura Spencer said...

wonderful to relive those fleeting moments of you in seattle w/ you siblings. oh, and amelia ... i forgot about her. i cant wait to come visit YOU on the east sah-EED (that's "side" said gansta-style).

helen, john, please move to seattle ... i promise it will be worth your while. hey ... free babysitter!

Dave & Susan Weil (mostly Susan) said...

What a FABULOUS belly! I just want to touch it! (Okay, maybe not, that could be a personal-space issue.) Anyway, I was just saying to myself, "I wonder how Helen and her belly (and John) are doing?" Then I remembered that I had Dave's website in my favorites, and then I saw that you had a blog, and then, and then... I saw your belly.
And I dig the shorts.
Maybe someday, if I can find Geneseo on a map, I can plan a roadtrip to see you.
--Susan